ONLINE REGISTRATION FORM
Bulk billing is available for current Medicare card holders. New Patients will be charged a one off $45 Out of Pocket fee for their first consultation. Non-Medicare patients will be charged a private fee at each consult unless insurance is accepted. Please remember to bring your Medicare Card with you to each appointment as well as Pension or Health Care card.
Some Procedures are not covered by Medicare.Below is a list of items not covered by Medicare and our fees.
- Hotdoc – online booking system
- Cancellations – kindly contact us to cancel or reschedule your appointment.
- Say hello when you arrive,
- If you have chest pain or difficulty in breathing. kindly inform reception staff IMMEDIATELY.
- If you have medication that needs to be refrigerated, kindly inform reception staff.
Follow up appointments
- If your Doctor has requested any further tests e.g. X-rays and blood tests, kindly make an appointment to see your doctor in 5 to 7 days. Reception staff do not have access to this information and are not authorised to give any clinical information to patients.
Recalls and reminders
- My Doctors Clinic use HOTDOC as our recall system. This service enables us to send scheduled health reminders to patients by SMS, which ensures that patients are recalled and reminded when a health check is due or if their GP needs to see them again.
- We are required to obtain your consent to send out these reminders, Your GP will discuss this and will include this in your notes when you consent to this.
- Prescriptions are issued during your consultation with your GP. Reception cannot access this or print this. If you have lost a prescription or need a repeat, kindly make an appointment to see your GP.
In accordance with the Privacy Amendment (Enhancing Privacy Protection) Act, all information collected is treated as sensitive information. To protect your privacy, this practice operates strictly in accordance with the Act.
What information is collected
Only necessary information for the undertaking of functions and activities relating to the services we offer is collected.
Why we collect health information
We collect information:
- To manage your health issues
- For the normal running of the business, e.g. billing.
How we handle your health information
The Doctors and staff are trained to handle your personal information discreetly and privately. We also engage in a range of security initiatives to protect your information from loss or misuse.
You may obtain access to the information
For further details ask at the front desk. Usually information is available within 30 days of lodging request. Nominal charges may apply.
The organisations or persons to whom information is usually disclosed
Health providers involved in your treatment and care may receive selected information from your personal health record. These include pathology, hospital, radiology and specialist services.
The consequences of not providing all or part of the information requested
There may be serious repercussions if we do not know who you are, how to contact you or be able to contact you in a timely manner. Withholding personal health information from your GP or others involved in your health care may put your life or health at risk.
If you have any questions about how we handle your personal health information or need to arrange access to your records, please ask to speak to our Practice Manager.
Feedback or complaints
- We welcome all feedback at My Doctors Clinic
- If you would like to discuss you concerns kindly see the Practice Manager.
- If you are not satisfied with this, you can contact the Office of the Health Ombudsman
- 400 George street, Brisbane, QLD, 4000.
- 13 36 46
Our Zero Tolerance Policy
Our Zero Tolerance Policy is designed to maintain a professional, respectful, and secure environment within our medical centre premises. This policy applies to everyone who enters our facility, including patients, their families, visitors, doctors, our staff, and other healthcare providers. We believe that everyone has the right to access healthcare services without fear, intimidation, or harassment.
This policy outlines our stance on any form of unacceptable behaviour within our medical centre premises. We define unacceptable behaviour as any action that disrupts the peaceful environment, poses a threat to the safety of individuals, or compromises the quality of care we provide.
Types of Unacceptable Behaviour:
Verbal Abuse: Any form of verbal abuse, offensive language, or threatening behaviour towards, doctors, health care providers, our staff, patients, or other individuals within our facility will not be tolerated.
Physical Violence: Any act of physical violence or aggression, including hitting, pushing, or any other harmful behaviour, is strictly prohibited.
Intoxication and Substance Abuse: Entering our medical centre under the influence of alcohol or drugs, or disruptive behaviour resulting from intoxication, is strictly prohibited.
Drug Seeking: We strictly prohibit attending our medical centre with the primary purpose of obtaining drugs of addiction. The doctors will only prescribe medication when medically necessary and appropriate.
Disruptive Conduct: Any behaviour that disrupts the peaceful operation of our medical centre, including loud or aggressive behaviour, is not acceptable.
Discrimination and Harassment: Discriminatory actions or harassment based on race, gender, religion, sexual orientation, or any other characteristic will not be tolerated.
Seeking Medical Services Fraudulently: This is regarded as highly unethical and unacceptable behaviour. Such actions pose a serious risk to genuine patients in need of care and erode the trust that is essential in the patient-doctor relationship.
Consequences of Unacceptable Behaviour: Individuals who engage in any form of unacceptable behaviour may face the following consequences:
Immediate Removal: Any person engaging in violent or disruptive behaviour will be promptly removed from the premises.
Legal Action: Depending on the severity of the incident, we may involve law enforcement authorities and pursue legal action.
Termination of Services: Patients engaging in unacceptable behaviour may have their medical services terminated at our discretion.
Banning from Premises: Individuals who repeatedly violate our Zero Tolerance Policy may be banned from our medical centre premises.
Reporting Unacceptable Behaviour: We encourage all patients, visitors, doctors, healthcare providers and our staff to report any incidents of unacceptable behaviour immediately. Reports can be made immediately at our reception desk or call us on 07-55922299 to directly speak to our practice manager.
Maintaining a safe and respectful environment at My Doctors Clinic Surfers Paradise is a shared responsibility. We kindly request your cooperation in upholding our Zero Tolerance Policy to ensure that everyone who walks through our doors feels secure, valued, and receives the high-quality care and support they deserve.