NEW PATIENTS – ONLINE REGISTRATION FORM
Please complete our online New Patient Registration Form after you have made your initial appointment.
Click this Link – ONLINE REGISTRATION FORM
- Bulk billing is available for current Medicare card holders. New Patients will be charged a one off $35 Out of Pocket fee for their first consultation. Non-Medicare patients will be charged a private fee at each consult unless insurance is accepted. Please remember to bring your Medicare Card with you to each appointment as well as Pension or Health Care card.
Some Procedures are not covered by Medicare.
Below is a list of items not covered by Medicare and our fees.
Iron Infusion – $100.00
IUD Mirena Insertion – $150.00
IUD Mirena Removal – $100.00
Implanon Insertion – $100.00
Implanon Removal – $60.00
QOTP First Admission – $185.00
Medicinal Cannabis – $190.00
Buvidal Monthly Injection – $ 50.00
Private Fee (Non-Medicare)
Standard Consultation – $90.00
Private Fee (Non-Medicare)
Long Consultation – $120.00
Private Fee (Non-Medicare) Extended Consultation – $150.00
- Some medicals and visits are not covered by Medicare, E.G: work-related accidents and injuries, commercial drivers medical etc. If you have any queries, please ask reception when making the appointment. Payment is required for additional services at the time of consultation, EFTPOS facilities are available at all our practices.
- My Doctors Clinic is predominantly a bulk-billing surgery and our aim is to provide patients with affordable health care.
- Hotdoc – online booking system
- Cancellations – kindly contact us to cancel or reschedule your appointment.
- Say hello when you arrive,
- If you have chest pain or difficulty in breathing. kindly inform reception staff IMMEDIATELY.
- If you have medication that needs to be refrigerated, kindly inform reception staff.
FOLLOW UP APPOINTMENTS
- If your Doctor has requested any further tests e.g. X-rays and blood tests, kindly make an appointment to see your doctor in 2 to 4 days. Reception staff do not have access to this information and are not authorised to give any clinical information to patients.
RECALLS AND REMINDERS
- My Doctors Clinic use HOTDOC as our recall system. This service enables us to send scheduled health reminders to patients by SMS, which ensures that patients are recalled and reminded when a health check is due or if their GP needs to see them again.
- We are required to obtain your consent to send out these reminders, Your GP will discuss this and will include this in your notes when you consent to this.
- Prescriptions are issued during your consultation with your GP. Reception cannot access this or print this. If you have lost a prescription or need a repeat, kindly make an appointment to see your GP.
- We have an onsite Japanese Interpreter service available phone 0457375110 to arrange prior to your consultation
- Kindly call 1300 131 450 to organise an interpreter for all other languages prior to your consult.
In accordance with the Privacy Amendment (Enhancing Privacy Protection) Act, all information collected is treated as sensitive information. To protect your privacy, this practice operates strictly in accordance with the Act.
What information is collected
Only necessary information for the undertaking of functions and activities relating to the services we offer is collected.
Why we collect health information
We collect information:
- To manage your health issues
- For the normal running of the business, e.g. billing.
How we handle your health information
Our doctors and staff are trained to handle your personal information discreetly and privately. We also engage in a range of security initiatives to protect your information from loss or misuse.
You may obtain access to the information
For further details ask at the front desk. Usually information is available within 30 days of lodging request. Nominal charges may apply.
The organisations or persons to whom information is usually disclosed
Health providers involved in your treatment and care may receive selected information from your personal health record. These include pathology, hospital, radiology and specialist services.
The consequences of not providing all or part of the information requested
There may be serious repercussions if we do not know who you are, how to contact you or be able to contact you in a timely manner. Withholding personal health information from your GP or others involved in your health care may put your life or health at risk.
If you have any questions about how we handle your personal health information or need to arrange access to your records, please ask to speak to our Practice Manager.
FEEDBACK OR COMPLAINTS
- We welcome all feedback at My Doctors Clinic
- If you would like to discuss you concerns kindly see the Practice Manager.
- If you are not satisfied with this, you can contact the Office of the Health Ombudsman
- 400 George street, Brisbane, QLD, 4000.
- 13 36 46